Dennis Mangan’s recent reminder about some Anti-Western Goldman Sachs executive demanding that the EU undermine national homogeneity in Europe got me to thinking about the open-borders elites in the United States. While the American media paints immigration as a “divisive issue,” nothing could really be less divisive, as polls constantly show that an overwhelming majority of Americans are opposed to illegal immigration and want massive reductions in legal immigration. In short, the immigration battle is between most Americans and a small open-borders elite.
Who is this elite?
Going from Kevin Lamb’s report “The Open Borders Network” and other resources, this elite is composed of:
– Big Business: mega-corporations like WalMart and others who want cheap labor.
– Christian Organizations: Especially, the leadership of the Catholic Church and Evangelical organizations, although the overwhelming majority of parishioners of these organizations seem to be opposed to immigration. (I have long suspected that pro-immigration Christians suffer from pathological altruism.)
– The NAABP (the National Association for the Advancement of Billionaire People, as Sailer calls them): People like Mark Zuckerberg, Reid Hoffman, George Soros, Michael Bloomberg, Bill Gates, Carlos Slim, et al.
– Jewish Groups: These groups have been lobbying for Third World immigration since the passage of the Immigration Act of 1924. (Interestingly, roughly half of American Jews now seem opposed to illegal immigration in the USA, although the vast majority of Jews oppose African immigration into Israel, even going as far as sterilizing African immigrants and deporting many of them.)
– The US Media: The one-sided reporting on immigration is mind-boggling.
Regarding the length of influence of these elites, some Europeans have suggested that their immigration problems ultimately stem from the importation of American political correctness, which is supported by Mangan’s recent post.